Performance evaluation is the process by which a manager or consultant examines and evaluates an employee’s work behaviour by comparing it with preset standards, documents the results of the comparison and uses the results to provide feedback to the employees to show where improvements are needed and why.
To create a performance evaluation system in your practice, follow these five steps:
- Develop an evaluation form.
- Identify performance measures.
- Set guidelines for feedback.
- Create disciplinary and termination procedures.
- Set an evaluation schedule.